Thursday, May 5, 2011

Blogging Final

Describe the importance of blogging to modern day journalism...

I wish blogging wasn't apart of journalism as much as it was honestly. I feel that blogs have some how diluted the importance of journalism even more than it already was. Fox news and others like that already included so many opinions and propaganda in their reports. They basically tell you how to think rather than give you facts. Blogs can be similar. Most of the time it's coming from a somewhat anonymous voice giving information that is mixed with opinions... because a blog is only successful if people read it. So the people writing the blog are going to put things in there that will make people read it. The truth isn't always the most entertaining to read. So in answering the question- I would say the importance of blogging in journalism is that it is just another outlet for people who want good ratings and don't really care how they get them.


Continue to blog??
Yes, I will continue to blog to some extent... perhaps on something else besides this site... But since I already have 21 followers this seems like a right place to start. I'd like to do more than poetry... maybe add some photographs and stories as well. Poetry is the easiest thing for me to write so that is what I stuck with. However I'd like to challenge myself more in the future. I think this class motivated me to keep up with a blog, with out a grade depending on it I might not blog as much, just being honest!

How will I change it?
I think I already asnwered that question in the last one, oops! But I'll reiterate by saying that I would write things specific for my blog rather than things I had already written and put them on my blog... I would try and give myself specific topics to write on and I'd probably still blog once or twice a week.

Thank you Dr. Clark for a fun class! I really enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment