Tuesday, March 1, 2011

chynna zeppelin

A Man in California (A twist to the song: California by Led Zeppelin)

Spent my days with a man that’s kind,
Smoked his stuff and drank all our wine.
Made up my mind to break a new heart,
left California with a shaking in my start.
Someone told me there’s a man out there
With tears in his eyes and maggots in his hair.
Took my chances on a tiny jet plane,
Never let them tell you that I’m not insane.
The mountains were blue and the sky was clear,
Wondered how yesterday could ever follow me here.
The ocean and the shores started to fall and break
As the demons in my mind began to make.
Seems that the face and doors
Got a punch on the head and it started to pour;
I think I might be floating.
Throw me an anchor if I’m going
Ill meet you down there where the path
Runs crooked and low.
To find a queen with two kings ;
They say she plays unfair and dances and sings .
ah ah ah ah
Ride a black mule in the footsteps of night
Tryin to find a man who’s never, never, never seen light .
Standing on a tree in my forest of dreams,
Telling myself its not as real, real, real, as it seems.



chynna/jimmy

8 comments:

  1. I think Whitman would love reading your poetry. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love zeppelin, robert plant would be proud

    ReplyDelete
  3. Led Zeppelin huh? Thanks for broading my horizons

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your posts! Nicely written.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Chynna good job in the play. It was unerving seeing you be so sweet and bashful. It was kinda like you had a lobotomy or something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breaking his heart after smoking his stuff. Typical woman.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Zeppelin! Good writing. :)

    ReplyDelete