Tuesday, March 1, 2011

.........moep

Driving

You know I usually hate to be alone

When I’m alone I don’t really feel alive.

But sometimes, I just wanna find my keys, get in my car, and drive.

And so I did that ( Maybe I needed to feel a little less alive)

And I drove around in the town that I live.

And thought about why it is I’m here.

I drove around listening to music loud; with my windows cracks and my guard down.

And I didn’t mind waiting at red lights… because I wasn’t in a rush.

I guess that’s a sign.. that you aren’t really driven− just nervous.

And uh… I saw a cop… I intentionally drove 12 miles over the speed limit.

Just hoping he’d pull me over−

Cause I couldn’t wait to say what I wanted.

When he gave some smart as comment−

Like,

“Where are you going in such a hurry?”

I was gonna say the most honest thing I’ve said in weeks,

“Nowhere.”

I was picturing the puzzled look he’d have on his face−

Wondering why some girl would drive around at such a speed

When she had no one to meet,

Or uh no deadline to make.

Just driving and driving… and I couldn’t wait−

But that black and white cop car just drove right past…

And I wondered if I was invisible

Or he just didn’t care right now…

And I didn’t like that−

I wanted someone to be concerned that I was driving around

At 1 o clock in the morning… but he let me down−

You see I drove around with a cigarette in my mouth

And I don’t even smoke…

Just wanted to do some damage I guess

Just wanted myself to know−

That I need something different in my life…

Something that doesn’t make me want to drive in circles

That doesnt make me want to drive away.

4 comments:

  1. Did you want to get a ticket? Those can be expensive, I just paid one a few weeks ago.

    Sorry to be a smartass...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really great Chynna! Sometimes I enjoy driving without purpose, and the pressure of time constraints. I make such fascinating discoveries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just kind of jumbled the letters of poem..

    ReplyDelete